Big Rove Returns
Big Rove is back in 2024 for a new ride. Now featuring a dual start with your choice of either Big Grove Brewery in Cedar Rapids or Iowa City for a starting point, a midpoint at Big Grove in Solon, and a finish at either Cedar Rapids or Iowa City. With more flexibility than ever before, there’s sure to be a lot of great ways to go about this ride.
Your Impact on Iowa Bicycling
The final thing that I think it is important to mention is how much of a role you have played in bicycle advocacy. We look forward to sharing with you how these events grow bicycling but also play a role in funding our advocacy work at the legislature, DOT, and putting more kids on bikes with our Safe Routes to School Program. When you bicycle on Iowa’s trails or roadways, you want an enjoyable ride taking you safely to your destination. We work to make Iowa bicycling safe, accessible, and enjoyable for all. Donate at www.iowabicyclecoalition.org/gives.
About the big Rove Ride
Get ready for BIG ROVE II on Saturday, June 25, 2022, a fun bicycle event from the creators of the BACooN RIDE & PIGTAILS! This one-day, 36-mile multi-stop summertime fun ride cruises the Iowa River Corridor Trail and some low traffic roads with bike lanes with stops in Iowa City, North Liberty, and Solon.
Big Rove Registration includes:
- Friday night Pre-ride Party with live music at BIG GROVE BREWERY & TAPROOM in Iowa City.
- A sweet BIG ROVE Cycling Hat or Headband.
- Commemorative BIG ROVE Slap Koozie.
- Continental Breakfast at BIG GROVE BREWERY & TAPROOM in Iowa City.
- Mid-ride lunch at BIG GROVE BREW PUB in Solon.
- FIRST BAR PARTY with live music in North Liberty at the REDS ALEHOUSE!
- AT THE TURN PARTY with live music in Solon at the BIG GROVE BREWPUB!
- LAST TOWN OUT PARTY with dancing to DJ in North Liberty at REDS ALEHOUSE!